New Perspectives On The Subconscious And Oxygen For Your Soul
This being the third time around for me with the Master Key Experience, I checked back to see what caught my attention the first two times. The first session I wrote The Subconscious Mind Is The Seat Of Genius because I was so taken by the immense power of the subconscious or “Subby” as we affectionately call it.
I now begin to more fully appreciate the wonderful power of the subconscious mind, “that mysterious source that never sleeps”. It is generally agreed that most humans use perhaps 5% of the incredible capacity of the mind, and that the ultimate potential of the mind is infinite. If we could tap into even a small part of the remaining 95% imagine what we could achieve!
Week 2 of the Master Keys Master Mind Alliance experience begins to show me how I can control my thoughts and begin to access that other 95%; the subconscious mind.
Personal Pivotal Needs
All of us are focused on integrating Personal Pivotal Needs (PPN’s) into the Definite Major Purpose (DMP) in Week 2 of the Master Key experience. Just the fact that most of us, including me, have never done an exercise like this in our whole life is shock enough for most. It’s a difficult task. Making sure we keep within a 400 word limit is tough. But we learn that precise, emotion laden language is required to impress the subconscious. And so in Week 2-2 I wrote:
In this weeks lesson we are introduced to the concept of Personal Pivotal Needs (PPN’s). Recognizing these needs within ourselves is fundamental to really discovering our “Dharma” or Definite Major Purpose (DMP). They are what drives us and are absolutely oxygen for our souls. There are many such needs but we learn about what are considered the seven most important ones.
Being really clear on your two most basic Personal Pivotal Needs will be extremely helpful to you as you develop your DMP and the new you. So look them up in a dictionary, give some thought to your deepest desires and identify what drives you by aligning you goals with your PPN’s. Here are short summaries of each I like. Your definitions or interpretations may be different.
Personal Pivotal Needs
- Autonomy– being accountable to none other than yourself; having the freedom to come and go when and where it pleases you
- Helping Others– being in service to others without expectation of reciprocity or personal gain
- Legacy– that which you leave to family and/or society and for which you will be remembered as having made beneficial contributions
- Liberty– having the resources and time enabling one to have or do those things or activities most desired in life
- Recognition For Creative Expression– being recognized as a creator of ideas, literature, music, business or products of benefit to at least certain segments of society
- Spiritual Growth– developing an understanding of who you are, what your purpose is and living your life in complete harmony with the universal spirit that is within you. In many cases dedicating your life to helping others grow spiritually
- True Health– attaining the highest possible level of physical, mental and spiritual health
In that Week 2 post I also remarked on the Subconscious as a Savant. I continue to marvel at the immense power of that mysterious mind and know that it can be controlled and harnessed to do much good.
May The Power Be Yours